Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts

Healthy Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) are funded by CMH to those compliant with the Healthy Decisions program.  Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are employee funded and can be between $100 and $2,750 (IRS limit for 2020).  Per IRS regulations, any claim paid for with HRA or FSA funds cannot then be recorded as an expense on your tax return.

All eligible expenses must be incurred during the PLAN year for which contributions are made.  NOTE:  Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds can be used for medical ONLY while FSA contributions are available to reimburse medical, dental and vision expenses.  HRA funds do not rollover but up to $500 of unused FSA contributions will rollover into the next PLAN year.

You may request a "benny card," which is a MasterCard linked to your account for instant reimbursement. Documentation must match the purchase on the benny card exactly or else the card could be suspended until resolved.

  • Acupuncture
  • Alcoholism treatment
  • Ambulance
  • Artificial limbs
  • Artificial teeth
  • Birth control pills
  • Braille books/magazines
    (extra cost)
  • Car modification for a
  • Childbirth classes
  • Chiropractic care
  • Christian Science
  • Co-insurance charges
  • Contact lenses/supplies
  • Crutches
  • Deductibles and
  • Dental treatment
  • Drug addiction treatment
  • Eyeglasses
  • Hearing aids and batteries
  • Hospital fees
  • Laboratory fees
  • Laser eye surgery
  • Massage therapy
    (if prescribed by MD for specific diagnosis and provided by a licensed therapist)
  • Medical services provided by a licensed practitioner
  • Mileage
  • Nursing home charges
  • Operations
  • Optometry
  • Optical care
  • Organ transplants
  • Orthodontics
  • Osteopathic treatment
  • Oxygen
  • Physical exams
  • Prescription drug
  • Prescription vitamins
  • Prosthesis
  • Psychiatric care
  • Radial keratotomy
  • Sterilizations
  • Wheelchair
  • X-rays
  • Thermometer

For a complete listing of expenses the IRS considers eligible for spending account reimbursements, go to

Dependent Care Spending Accounts

By contributing to a Dependent Care Spending Account, you can set aside pre-tax money to pay the cost of caring for a child or other eligible dependent while you and your spouse or partner are at work. Several factors need to be considered before you enroll in this account:

  • You must provide your provider's tax ID number
  • You may contribute between $100 and $5,000 into your account.
  • You may not change your mind after enrollment unless there has been a qualifying event. However, qualifying events have been liberalized by the IRS: if your daycare provider changes their fees or if your mother moves in next door, YOU MAY MAKE MID-YEAR CHANGES!
  • You may ask payroll to accelerate your deductions.