About Your Benefits
Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts (HRS's) are funded by CMH to those compliant with the Healthy Decisions program. Per IRS regulations you may also contribute to the same HSA account.
|TYPICAL ELIGIBLE EXPENSES|
For a complete listing of expenses the IRS considers eligible for spending account reimbursements, go to www.irs.ustreas.gov.
Dependent Care Spending Accounts
By contributing to a Dependent Care Spending Account, you can set aside pre-tax money to pay the cost of caring for a child or other eligible dependent while you and your spouse or partner are at work. Several factors need to be considered before you enroll in this account:
- You must provide your provider's tax ID number
- You may contribute between $100 and $5,000 into your account.
- You may not change your mind after enrollment unless there has been a qualifying event. However, qualifying events have been liberalized by the IRS: if your daycare provider changes their fees or if your mother moves in next door, YOU MAY MAKE MID-YEAR CHANGES!
- You may ask payroll to accelerate your deductions.
- Dependent Care Account ABCs (.pdf)